Today I learned the importance of being connected within Manaiakalani and I feel the importance of that as a teacher. I think it I fantastic that there is large and diverse range of schools that are apart of the Manaiakalani program and that it values connectedness. This allows us to use the framework of learn, create and share to ensure our teachers have a wide bank of engaging resources to use as they need. Allowing us improve our workflow as teachers.

Looking at other class site I enjoyed viewing the engaging banners and clicking us the relevant buttons that the other classes had used and felt motivated to upgrade mine to engage and suit the topic.

Before

After

The new button I made on the Inquiry page of the class site takes students to the site that I made last week. Using the button is a more user friendly strategy to access a topic in inquiry. Furthermore as I make more inquiry sites students can click on them too.

My class site is used everyday with my learners and enabling students more easily access their learning with less clicks and engaging banners that motivates them enables us to get them motivated and excited to complete their learning.

Being able to more confidently edit my class site enables me to increase my workflow as a professional as we add students work to the class site weekly.

One thought on “Day 6 – Enabling Access

1. Kia ora Lauren,

Wow! Loving the before and after shots and really being able to see the progress you made today. Although you missed a little of todays session, I wouldn’t be able to guess that with how well thought out your reflect of todays mahi was.
    Reading how the confidence that you have is building is so great to see, especially if you think its contributing to your workflow – we always want both those outcomes for our teachers.
    Have you thought about creating an inquiry page within your class site? You could hide it from navigation so they’re only accessing it through the button that you’d have linked to it…

E mihi nui ana,
    Nā Hinewa