When learning about Manaiakalani kaupapa and pedagogy I learned the definition of a new word, ubiquitous which is all about how learning can occur anywhere not just in the classroom. Manaiakalani supports this through having class sites where students can access their current learning and past learning from the previous weeks, this also creates a rewindable learning experience as students can view what they have done previous weeks to revise, catch up and improve their knowledge.

Today I used a Chrome book to complete the Digital Dig Activity and learned how the students, complete shortcuts such as screenshotting and copying and pasting. It was a great experience for me to use the students chrome books and explore the differences between it and the mac book. This experience will improve my confidence in being able to explicitly teach students on their chrome book.

Additionally, I learned how to use Explain Everything which is a great learning tool that can be used with my students. I then created a google slide with and video of me modelling what I want them to do on Explain Everything.

Furthermore I also learned that on google slides you can make a video on yourself which displays in the corner which is a great way to talk through prompts on slideshows.

Thank you for toady it has been a great learning experience for me and I look forward to next week.

2 thoughts on “Devices Agenda

1. Kia ora Lauren,

Its so great to be able to open your blog post and see all the content you created today! You’ve been very busy!
    I really appreciated you sharing your ideas around te create task using Explain Everything. I found it really helpful and I’m sure the other participants in our bubble thought the same. Its definitely an example I’m wanting to store away for future DFIs.

Have a great long weekend, see you next week 🙂
    Nā Hinewa.

2. Kiao ra Lauren,

I love the way ICF and DFI are integrating and supporting learning. Choosing the floppy discs for your top tips was a great idea. I wonder if your learners would know what they are?!

Have a wonderful Easter break.

Ngā mihi,
    Maria